Reflux usually occurs because your baby’s oesophagus is still developing. It can begin at 8 weeks old and can take up to 12 months to fully resolve.
Signs of Reflux:
- Persistent or excessive spitting up after feeds
- Persistent crying
- Persistent hiccups or coughing
You do not need to be concerned about reflux if your baby is feeding well, happy and gaining weight as normal.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
How to remedy reflux:
- Keep your baby upright during feeds
- Slow down your milk flow (Laidback feeding)
- Wind your baby often. Watch our Instagram video demonstrating this, here.
- Be mindful of your diet (this is an extremely rare cause)
When to contact your Health Professional:
Contact your GP or healthcare provider if reflux starts after 6 months of age, continues beyond 1 year, or your baby has any of the following problems:
- If reflux starts after 6mths of age or continues beyond 1 year
- Coughing or gagging while feeding
- Frequent projectile vomiting
- Green or yellow vomit
- Blood in poo
- Swollen tender tummy
- Not gaining weight
FREE Baby Care Workshops
As part of our FREE Baby Care Workshop, you can learn how to change your baby’s nappies as well as much more. You can sign up for free today, click this link to learn more!